Friday 12 August 2011

Reflection (Week 6)

          Reaching the sixth week of our course, we will be working on Assignment 7a and 7b: Presentation Skills. In this assignment, we are required to prepare a presentation kit on our topic "Original and Licensing Software" using OpenOffice Impress. For my previous experience, I have always used Microsoft Office Powerpoint. Hence, it would not be a problem for me to use Powerpoint to create a presentation kit. However, our assignment's requirement stated that we should be using Impress instead, to create the presentation. I have never used Impress to create a presentation before. Hence, it will be something new to explore on.

          It is indeed time-consuming for us to create a presentation using Impress. Eventhough both Powerpoint and Impress share a large amount of similar features, the organisation of icons and certain functions are different. Thus, it takes time for to explore functions by functions. Besides inserting the content of our presentation, we created hyperlink in between slides for the convenient use of users.

          Assignment 7a involves creating a presentation kit while assignment 7b requires us to add on multimedia materials into out slides of presentation. Therefore, we moved on our next task that is to create an authentic video clip. We created our video clip using Window Movie Maker, where we edited the flow of pictures and to match our background music with our video presentation. Before we put them together in one piece, pictures are edited in combined using Paint while the background music for the clip is cut and recombined using Audacity. To do so, I downloaded the software Audacity. After I finished editing the music, only then I found that it cannot be saved as MP3 file. I consulted Mr. Fariduddin with my problem and he told me that I will need to download another converter to export the file from Audacity to MP3 files. I googled for the type of converter needed. It is LAME MP3 Encoder. I appreciated my coursemate, Vanessa Cordilia, who kindly helped me out with the search. After continuous attempt, everything turned out fine and I was able to continue with my work.

          In the video, we did a mini interview regarding our topic of discussion with some of the teacher trainees from IPG Kampus Sarawak. Unluckily, it was raining the day when we did our recording. The sound of the rain interferes with our voices, thus causing the recording to be unclear. Besides that, there was not much problem in the process of creating. The video was later being inserted to the presentation in Impress. The file is uploaded to google doc.
 

Xin Txin

No comments:

Post a Comment