Friday 8 July 2011

Reflection (Week 1)

          In just one week time, I gained a lot of new knowledge about Yahoo! account, Google account, Facebook and Blog as well. Before this, I have none of the above accounts since I am using hotmail as my only personal e-mail. Hence, by grabbing this opportunity, I get to know the process of registering for an official Yahoo! account, Google account, Facebook and Blog. I noted the process and has posted them on my earlier post in this blog.

          Besides using these accounts as our e-mail addresses, the most important part of it is to share information online. With these agents, people are able to stay connected even though they are away from each other at different parts of the world. Files can be shared and discussion can also be held. These functions are commonly known as electronic group discussion. As it is required in the course GE1155 Computer in Education, I joined the course's Yahoogroups with my official Yahoo! account. This yahoo group benefits me from getting information and files regarding the course as my guideline to complete my task. In addition, it is also convenient to all especially to spread news among members. With only one e-mail sent, every member will receive it. Documents can be attached too.

          Yahoo! is not the only place where you can create groups. Facebook, now a popular social network, enables it members to form groups too. It more or less carries the same function. However, Facebook differs from yahoo group in various ways. Yahoo! groups are meant for files in the form of documents, powerpoint or pdf but Facebook is more to instant messages and less on sharing of documents. 

          Finally, I learnt to create a blog by signing up using my Google account. I explore and slowly know how to post a new post, to customize the design of the blog and also to personalize some of the settings available in this blog. Blog is now commonly use for individuals to express their thoughts freely through words. Normally, a blogger will have a fix group of readers or so-called followers who are interested in their writings.

          Nowadays, it has become a necessity for us to be tech savvy. At least, it is a must for us to know about the basics of Yahoo! and Google account in order to keep in touch with things that happen around us. Via internet is the fastest way to get news updated. To cope with the pace of the society, there is no other way but to learn their way of life.



CHONG XIN TXIN
B. Ed TESL IPGKS-UKM
GGGE1155 Computer in Education
Faculty of Education 
Tel: 0198759717

No comments:

Post a Comment